FSP-SEC-202P — Revised 15 Nov 2022
Section 1: Attendee Conduct
Furcationland is a family-friendly convention. Please keep this in mind when considering what you will wear and bring to the convention, as well as how you act. Furcationland reserves the right to revoke your badge and membership for any reason at its discretion.
- Disruptive behavior is not allowed. Disruptive behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Fighting or roughhousing;
- Blocking hallways or walkways;
- Throwing or brandishing weapons, props, or other items;
- Overtly lewd, crass, or publicly sexualized behavior in convention space;
- Harassment of other attendees;
- Sleeping or camping in the convention area or public hotel area;
- Loitering in the elevators;
- Public intoxication, real or fake;
- Failure to observe basic hygiene practices; or
- Acting in a manner that is unsafe for yourself or others
- Attendees must adhere to the dress code, which is posted online and in the convention program book. The dress code is gender neutral and has been designed to ensure compliance with the Maine Municipal Code regarding public nudity. Cosplay attire is not exempt from the dress code requirements. Please refer to the dress code before designing your costumes.
- Attendees must adhere to all Hotel and Site Policies as well as federal, state, and local laws.
- No advertising, asking for money or services, or solicitation is allowed without written permission from a designated Furcationland representative. To obtain permission to advertise at the convention, please speak with the Registration, Info Desk, or Operations director(s). These directors can be found in their respectively named locations. Anyone found posting materials on convention center or hotel property without permission will be removed from the convention. This includes, but is not limited to, hanging posters or handing out flyers.
- Signs brought in by attendees are only allowed as part of a costume or cosplay. Any sign containing language determined by Furcationland to be foul, offensive, soliciting, or promoting merchandise of any kind is subject to removal or confiscation, even if done as part of a cosplay. Any sign determined by Furcationland to be excessive in size or disruptive is subject to removal or confiscation.
- No alcohol is permitted in the convention area or hotel common areas outside of the bar and restaurant. Smoking and vaping (the use of e-cigarettes/e-juice) is prohibited in all indoor areas. Public intoxication resulting in inappropriate behavior may result in badge confiscation and removal from the convention. Underage drinking will result in immediate removal from the convention and badge confiscation. Furcationland also reserves the right to notify site security or local law enforcement of any unacceptable and/or illegal behavior.
- All alcoholic beverages served on premises must be served by hotel staff only.
- No pets or animals except official working service animals are allowed in the convention area. If you need more information, please contact Furcationland Security at [email protected]
- Dressing as or otherwise impersonating a Furcationland staff member, a hotel staff member, or a member of emergency services or local law enforcement is strictly forbidden. Refusal to return to your home or hotel room and change will result in immediate removal from the convention and badge confiscation.
- Attendees may not run games of chance and are not allowed to gamble in the convention space.
- Outside food and beverages, with the exception of bottled water, are not allowed in the convention center. Please leave your food and drink in the hotel room.
- You must wear your convention badge at all times to be admitted to any convention event or area, which includes general convention space and hallways. A badge does not guarantee entry to an event or autographs at any event. Furcationland reserves the right to deny or revoke event badges for any reason at its discretion. The convention is not responsible for lost, misplaced, or stolen badges and Furcationland will not issue refunds for any of these badges. State and federal identification may be required for entrance into events and must be provided in addition to the issued convention badge upon request.
- By purchasing a badge to attend Furcationland, attendees are granting their permission to be photographed or recorded by individuals authorized by Furcationland and grant their permission for Furcationland to use such images or footage for archival or promotional purposes.
- Furcationland reserves the right to refuse sale of a badge, deny entry to any convention event or area, and/or revoke the badge(s) of anyone for any reason at its discretion. Attendees who are refused entry or whose badges are revoked by Furcationland are not entitled to a refund.